Sixty percent of the decision to buy a product is based on color. When used in a creative and distinctive way, color can make your brand instantly recognizable. When you get a gift in that distinctive blue box, you don’t need to see the name to know it’s from Tiffany.
People register color before they read content. The colors you choose should complement the tone and voice of your brand message. Colors create emotion and trigger memory. Use colors that create the emotions and memories you are trying to evoke.
- Yellow – optimism, clarity, warmth
- Orange – friendly, cheerful, confidence
- Red – excitement, youthful, bold
- Purple – creative, imaginative, wise
- Blue – trust, dependable, strength
- Green – peaceful, growth, health
- Black & White – balance, neutral, calm
Once you choose your brand colors, remember that color displays differently depending on the reproduction method or the type of computer (PC vs. Mac). Test your colors across all platforms to ensure consistency.
Mere color … can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways.